Breathing New Life into Reclaimed Wood: Crafting a Custom Wooden Wall Clock
Hello everyone!
Today, I’m excited to share a recent project where I combined reclaimed wood from Jeju with a modern clock movement to create a unique wall clock.
This project was all about honoring the deep, natural character of aged timber while adapting it for a practical modern use. Here is how the making process went:1. Cleaning and Refining the Surface
Using a wire brush grinder, I removed the surface buildup while highlighting the deep, textured grain that only aged timber can develop over time.
2. Laser Engraving the Characters
3. Routing the Pocket for the Clock Movement
First, I drilled the center hole for the clock hand spindle. Then, using a drill and a router, I recessed a pocket on the back of the wood to seat the clock movement flush inside.
4. Assembling the Movement and Hands
After mounting the clock movement from the back, I carefully installed the hour, minute, and second hands onto the front face in sequence.
Bringing new time into a piece of wood that has already lived through decades—that is perhaps the greatest charm of working with reclaimed wood.
If you are looking to bring a warm, rustic touch into your living space, how about crafting your very own wall clock using Jeju reclaimed wood?
I look forward to sharing more woodworking projects that celebrate the natural grain of wood. Thank you for reading!
Click the link below to watch the video!


Comments
Post a Comment